Privacy legislation in Canada defines “personal information” broadly as any information about an identifiable individual. In general, personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title or position, business or business e-mail address, telephone and facsimile number.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Among other reasons, Lactalis Canada collects and retains information for the purposes of conducting market research, promotional activities, contests, surveys and mailings.
Examples of personal information collected by Lactalis Canada are:
- contact information (such as name, address, e-mail address and telephone number in a non-business capacity); and
- on an optional basis, demographic information (such as age, gender, education and occupation).
Lactalis Canada uses your personal information for the following purposes:
- to develop and maintain our relationship with you and to communicate with you;
- to address your inquiries or respond appropriately;
- to develop and improve our products, services and websites and to advise you about new products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to satisfy Lactalis Canada’s legitimate business interests (for example, conducting market studies and trend analysis and generating aggregate data and reports which record consumer behaviour as a whole);
- to inform you of promotional events;
- to subscribe to newsletters, mailings and fill out surveys;
- to register you for sweepstakes, contests and other interactive online activities, and to notify the winners and award prizes; and
- to protect our business interests and the interests of our consumers, and to generally meet requirements imposed by law.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Lactalis Canada reserves the right to co-operate fully with local, provincial and federal officials in any investigation relating to any personal information (including private electronic communications transmitted on any Lactalis Canada website) or any purported unlawful activities.
KNOWLEDGE AND CONSENT
Lactalis Canada collects personal information only when you voluntarily provide it. If you don’t want us to have access to your personal information, please do not provide it while using our site (or other interactions with us). You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please contact Lactalis Canada at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lactalis Canada will inform you of the implications of withdrawing consent.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Lactalis Canada makes all commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information collected from you is protected against loss and unauthorized access. Access to your personal information is restricted to selected Lactalis Canada employees or representatives. In addition, Lactalis Canada employs generally accepted information security techniques, such as firewalls, access control procedures and cryptography, to protect personal information against loss and unauthorized access.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Lactalis Canada retains your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected and to comply with applicable laws.
Lactalis Canada believes that it is very important to protect the privacy of children and encourages parents or guardians to spend time with their children to participate in and monitor their activities.
Lactalis Canada does not intend to collect personal information from children, except on some of our children’s websites. We only collect the information necessary for the child to participate in the program for which he or she is registering.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
- to see personal information you have already sent us so that you can correct or update it;
- to ask that we delete your personal information from our records;
- to ask that we not send you mailings or otherwise contact you; and
In certain circumstances when you request that Lactalis Canada access your personal information, Lactalis Canada may need to charge you a reasonable fee to cover administrative costs incurred by Lactalis Canada to address your request. We will endeavour to ensure that such fee (if any) is minimal and we will always provide an estimate in advance of you incurring any such fees.
405 The West Mall, Suite 1000
Canada M9C 5J1
- or -
Please note that any comments, suggestions or materials provided to Lactalis Canada shall be deemed to be of a non-confidential and non-proprietary nature (becoming the property of Lactalis Canada upon Lactalis Canada’s receipt of same) and Lactalis Canada shall be entitled to use and distribute such comments, suggestions or materials to any other parties and for any other purposes, including, but not limited to, developing and marketing products and/or services incorporating or based on any such comments, suggestions or materials.